Support is best when there is a feeling of trust. Trust can be
difficult to foster in an online environment, but with a bit of
effort on the part of all participants it can be done. Building a
level of trust will enable us to share our thoughts and feelings
with each other. To that end, please keep the following in mind.
- CONFIDENTIALITY - Trust depends on the
willingness of members to treat what is said in this setting,
- LISTEN TO ONE ANOTHER - We give
supportive attention to the person who is speaking. Please be
mindful to follow the conversation and avoid changing topics
- COME MORE THAN ONCE - Give the group an
honest try by coming at least three or or four times. Your
attendance is important to us.
- ADVICE IS OK WHEN IT IS ASKED FOR - Let's do
our best NOT to jump in and try to fix one another. sometimes all
we want is for others to listen.
- PARTICIPATE AS YOU WISH - Sometimes all we
might need is to listen in, and that's ok. But if you do share,
please leave room for others to share. The group experience is
enhanced when many voices are heard.
- SHARE YOUR OWN STORY - Please avoid
discussing other's experiences and try to stay on topic.
- FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES PUT FORTH BY YOUR PROVIDER
- We share many similar experiences, but everyone is
on their own path.
- BE MINDFUL OF THESE GUIDELINES - We all
share the responsibility for making this group work.